Social Icons

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Book Review of Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Thirteen Reasons Why
A Novel by Jay Asher
   
                      
Synopsis

Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a strange package with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker - his classmate and crush - who committed suicide two weeks earlier. Hannah's voice tells him that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out why. Clay spends the night crisscrossing his town with Hannah as his guide. He becomes a firsthand witness to Hannah's pain, and learns the truth about himself-a truth he never wanted to face.


Review
Thirteen Reasons Why is said to be one of the most life changing stories anyone could read and I can not help but agree. The book really made me think about how such one very small action or word can snowball into something that could destroy ones life. It really made me wonder how horrible of a direction our society has gone. How obsessed everyone is with making others feel worse, so they can feel better. Thirteen Reasons Why gave me a whole no perspective on life, therefore, changing my own life.

Thirteen Reasons Why was a book I simply could not put down. I would have read the entire book in one sitting if I had the chance to. It was a tragic and disheartening story, but I'm extremely glad I read it. Thirteen Reasons why was a truly inspirational story that is one of my all time favorites and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment